LOCATION: East Croydon
We are seeking a Junior Commercial Analyst with fantastic analytical ability to support the business insight capability and delivery of the business growth ambitions.
This is an entry level role, providing support to the Commercial Analyst with reporting, performance monitoring and ad-hoc analyses, across all aspects of the business and industry. This will encompass pricing, volume forecasting, data management, cost analysis, market insight and sales analysis. The role would be ideally suited to a naturally inquisitive, pro-active thinker with potential to thrive as part of a flexible analytics team.
Energy sector experience is not essential as full training will be provided by our highly experienced team.
• Support sales performance reporting
• Provide competitor intelligence
• Update the electricity and gas demand forecast and understand drives for changes
• Monitor supply costs and assist the update and forecast
• Support pricing optimisation.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Highly numerical background (Degree/Masters from a top university in Maths, Science, Engineering, etc)
• Experience of handling large data sets and deriving clear meaningful insight from them (commercial or non-commercial setting)
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Ideally basic knowledge of VBA or SQL
• Knowledge of Power BI / data visualization packages desirable
• Excellent attention to detail
• Can-do, team-player attitude.
Energy Industry experience is not essential.